Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Ten things I hate about you (and by you, I mean me)

Ten Things I Hate About You (and by you, I mean me)

#1 There are certain movies I will watch repeatedly, in their entirety, every time they are shown on TV. They include but are not limited to:

Zoolander
Stepmom (and I still cry at the end, every time, even though I know what’s coming and even though I freaking hate Julia Roberts)
How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days
50 First Dates
Save the Last Dance
Sweet Home Alabama
Cruel Intentions
Jersey Girl

One time last year, when I was snowed in for the weekend, TBS did the thing where they show a movie three nights in a row. That movie was Sweet Home Alabama and I watched it all three times. I once watched The Breakfast Club twice in one day because Comedy Central aired it multiple times. I used to fall asleep watching Big Daddy every single night. I don’t know how I do this, I just do.

#2 I love ramen noodles. I eat them more than any self-respecting, twentysomething, non-student woman with a “big girl job” should. They are cheap, they are easy to prepare, and they taste delicious. Beef is my favorite flavor.

#3 When I am home during the day, which is rare, I still like to catch up with the action on CBS daytime, a habit I have mostly weaned myself from. It is comforting to know that things in Genoa City never really change. These days, I often have to e-mail my mom and ask what such-and-such character from Guiding Light is doing on The Bold and the Beautiful, and she always does her best to catch me up on what’s happened in the past year since I last watched my soaps.

#4 The bottom shelf of my fridge is currently completely occupied with beer from the housewarming party I was to have that didn’t happen. On the shelf above that there’s a twelve-pack and in the freezer is a bucket of frozen margaritas with enough to make 16. My old roommate, Jody, and I always joked that there was more booze in our fridge than food. This was sometimes true, but never more so than it is right now. Thirsty? Come on over!

#5 I am obsessed with the show Bunnytown on the Disney Channel. It is hilarious, and I love the underwear bunny, and the bunny rock band, and the morning after I got my new TV I purposely got up early so I could watch Bunnytown in 32-inch, LCD, digital glory.

#6 The first CD I ever bought was Jewel’s Pieces of You. For that reason, I still have it and cannot bear to part with it. It has survived many rounds of CDs being sold to the used CD store, yet I have not listened to it in at least ten years and probably wouldn’t be able to stand it if I did.

#7 I’m starting to like mayo. Mayonnaise always used to be up there on the list of completely disgusting condiments that I would not put anywhere near anything I was about to consume (other offenders include mustard of any variety and sour cream) but I am slowly warming to it. It started when I repeatedly forgot to ask Wendy’s not to put it on my sandwiches; I started to like it on BLTs; and I went so far as to put it on a turkey sandwich at Subway a few weeks ago, just to see what it tasted like, and it wasn't bad. I’m not go so far as to keep a container in my fridge, but I no longer avoid it like the plague.

#8 I have the tendency to check and recheck and check my alarm clock again, just to make sure it is set and set for the correct time and set for a.m. and not p.m. Sometimes I will do this ten or fifteen times before I go to bed – not always all at once, but still a little OCD, don’t you think?

#9 I am addicted to reading Perez Hilton. I heard a lot about the guy but never gave his blog much thought until my old roommate started constantly mentioning him when we were discussing celebrity gossip. I finally added the subscription to my Google Reader a few weeks ago and now can’t imagine life without it.

#10 I hate most women’s sports, but I have totally gotten sucked into Olympic women’s beach volleyball. Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh are awesome, and they don’t annoy the crap out of me like most other female athletes, and quite honestly they are more fun to watch than the men’s beach volleyball team. I also used to not really enjoy watching volleyball very much, but they have created in me a newfound appreciation for the sport, and I will be proud to watch them defend their gold medal tonight. Go USA!

4 comments:

pj said...

Remember the first night I was there and you wanted the last beer but I was already drinking it? That will teach you to fill your frig with booze and beer earlier in my visits.

Women's beach volleyball? Really? Crab and I were astounded that T&A was an Olympic sport.

Captain Crab said...

Mayo, ALL RIGHT!

Idea #527 said...

Ummm. . .how come when you quasi steal my idea it actually turns out funnier than mine??

I hate you. ;)

Love me!

Hannita said...

If those margaritas were in my freezer, well, the wouldn't be there. Not this week at least.

I have movies that I watch over and over again as well. But none of those.

Oh! Ramen! Every once in a while I feel the need for Ramen - not because I only have a quarter - but because, some twisted part of me also enjoys them.

And #8? That's just weird.