Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Phone-y

Today when I went to lunch I had a missed call and a voicemail from my dad. The missed call came at 10:49 a.m. which I thought was odd, since my dad knows I work 7:30 to 4 and my dad – and everyone else who has my phone number – knows I am even less likely to answer my cell phone when I am at work than I am the rest of the time. And I am not good at answering my phone during non-work hours. It’s not that I can’t find it or that I forget to turn the ringer up, it’s just that I hate talking to anyone on the phone who isn’t my boyfriend. Feel free to leave a voicemail if you want, but I probably won’t listen to it for 6.5 months. If you need me, text me. That’s how I roll.

Anyway, I listened to my dad’s voicemail, and he said, “Oh, I didn’t mean to call you. I was trying to call [farm equipment dealership, whose name is my first name] and I didn’t look close enough in my phone to see who I was calling.” It was not even 11 a.m. and he was working so he couldn’t even be drunk. Really it was an honest mistake, but I just thought it was funny. Hopefully he got more pens for me. Not because I really need them because I still have about 25 he sent me a few months ago, but because I like having them on hand so when people need to borrow a pen I can hand them one and say, “Better not try to steal it, I’ll know it’s mine!” Trust me, it’s really funny the first time.

1 comment:

Captain Crab said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence!

I had a meeting there (at the dealership with the name the same as yours) this morning and told the story of my phone call. Everyone laughed.

I forgot to get more pens, but will.